MAGEEWP

Themes for WordPress

Read more inside the recent posts section not showing  

RSS

Alhazred
(@alhazred)
Eminent Member
11/07/2018 9:54 pm  

I've written a post, I've set a "more" tag after the second sentece and now I'm facing a problem.

Going to the static frontpage, inside the "Recent posts" section, the post is shown truncated at the tag, but the link to the full post doesn't appear. I've tried to install "Read more excerpt link" plugin which also fails to show the link after the set length in words.

Reading some discussions around I've read that if the post has a words count which is less than the default limit (55 words they said), the link is not shown because it is considered useless.

What I am thinking is that being the contents in Japanese, the text is counted as only 1 word as it happened to me with Yoast SEO in the past, it did explicitly said that all the texts where 1 word long, so my texts are always considered shorter than the minimum length.

Could it be the actual reason? Is there any solution to show the link? Maybe a setting or plugin to set the "read more" link after a given number of characters instead of words?

ReplyQuote
Magee
(@admin)
Member Admin
12/07/2018 1:49 am  

Hi, the recent posts section of Onetone is designed to open full post by clicking the post title.

ReplyQuote
Alhazred
(@alhazred)
Eminent Member
12/07/2018 7:47 am  

Yes, and it does correctly.

I was wondering how to show a short version of the post inside that section with a link where it is cut or at least something like an ellipsis to make people understand that it continues.

At the moment nothing appears after where the post is truncated.

ReplyQuote
Magee
(@admin)
Member Admin
13/07/2018 1:58 am  

We would improve the feature of this section in next version.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Onetone Free WordPress Theme

Recent Posts

Cactus Free WordPress Theme